Friday, March 15, 2013

Google Reader is Retiring

July 1, 2013 will be a very sad day.

I woke up this morning, went to the shower, got something to eat and sat down with my laptop. As I usually do - first things first - I checked out my Gmail, Facebook, and Google Reader.

So I was after my Gmail and Facebook routine and ready to read some blog posts. I got into Reader and I was very sad the see this pop-up:



Google is shutting down Google Reader?
No way.
I was like:


I started searching the web for a reason for this same. Here's the official announcement.

Google reader is a Great product, and besides Gmail, I use it almost on a daily basis. It has a nice and clean UI, its lightweight, and it gets the job done without any BS (ads). I also loved the fact that it's a web app. I don't want to install a messy client app to do a simple job like this...

The community already has set up a petition (keepgooglereader.com) to ask Google to keep Google Reader alive, and if not - release to code so that the OSS community will find a way to keep it going. If you like Google Reader please sign it.

Off to find an alternative... Any recommendations? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment